Social Media and Communications
Asperger Works, Inc. seeks a Social Media and Communications Volunteer to assist the organization with developing and maintaining our outreach: online, through Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, other social media outlets and the Asperger Works Website, and in print, through assistance with editorial drafts, print publication submission, development of marketing materials and other communications efforts that support fundraising, promote our mission, and direct clients to our services.
Asperger Works is a non-profit organization that works with youth and adults with Asperger’s Syndrome with employment issues, providing them with job coaching and ongoing mentoring. Additionally, we provide employer education about Asperger’s Syndrome in general and the desirability of employing adults and youth with Asperger’s in particular. Asperger Works offers year-round programs to meet our mission of finding appropriate employment opportunities for our clients.
Ideally 20 hours a week, unpaid (time commitment is flexible – can be less or more hours per your availability)
NOTE: Although listed as a volunteer opportunity, we are very open to receiving applications from anyone who wants to intern with us and can commit to a certain number of hours and has the right qualifications/background.
- Assist members of our organization to shape and promote our events and networking activities;
- Promote our social media presence and determine relevant posts to help the organization’s outreach in line with the mission of the organization;
- Project manage and produce monthly on-line newsletter;
- Gather social media statistics for broad Asperger Works’ Outreach reporting;
- Research current topics and events relevant to Asperger Works’ mission and programs;
- Take photographs for use in social media and print marketing;
- Assist with the writing and preparation of press releases, flyers and other marketing materials;
- Perform other tasks as required
- Excellent verbal and written communication;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications;
- Familiarity with Google Drive, Sheets, Docs, etc.;
- Familiarity with desktop publishing software applications;
- Familiarity with Constant Contact or other marketing platforms;
- Organization, attention-to-detail, and time-management skills;
- Ability to work in a flexible, dynamic environment;
- Ability to work respectfully in a multicultural environment, including people with disabilities;
- Commitment to the overall mission of Asperger Works.
- Must pass background records checks (CORI/SORI)
The above job description and qualifications are not meant to be all-inclusive. Additional responsibilities and qualifications may be added as needed by the volunteer’s direct supervisor or the Executive Director.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send resume and cover letter to Volunteer.Coordinator@aspergerworks.org.
Asperger Works, Inc. values diversity and is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from all backgrounds, including people with disabilities, are encouraged to apply. Please contact us directly with questions that may arise throughout the application process, including but not limited to inquiries related to accommodation needs.